Friday, November 16, 2012

Why Do We Believe What We Believe? We need to have Scripture to back up what we believe. (1 Peter 3:15)


2) I Can’t Lose My Salvation:

A) I didn’t save myself – so I don’t hold my salvation, but my Lord Jesus Christ does.   

(Ephesians 2:8)  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

 (John 10:27-29)  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

(Jude 1:24-25)  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

(2 Timothy 1:12)  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Some Key Bible Words:

Grace: The free unmerited love and favor of God; the application of Christ's righteousness to the sinner; mercy; pardon.

Perish: To be lost eternally.

Pluck: To pluck away, to pull away, or to separate by pulling; to tear away.

Give: (present tense) To transfer.

Keep: To hold; to retain in one's  possession; not to lose or part with.

B) We Possess Eternal Life As Soon As We Are Saved:

 (John 3:36)  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

(John 5:24)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

(1 John 5:11-13)  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.                                                                                                        
Key Bible Word:                                                                                                                                                 
Hath: (present tense – same as have) To possess; to hold in possession or power.

No comments:

Post a Comment